Please read the Terms and Conditions below before commissioning artwork. These terms are for private/personal commissions only. Commissions may not be used to advertise businesses, people or products. Please contact me for information about commercial projects.
1. Prices are subject to change according to the scope of the work. (Factors such as size, medium, difficulty and complexity affect pricing.) Base prices are subject to change at any time before payment.
2. Payment is required up front before artwork begins.
3. The Artist will not discuss the details of the commission with the Client in any public forum, instant message or private note. All communications will be done via email only to ensure all communications are consolidated in one location.
4. The Client will be provided with sketches and updates. The Client may direct alterations during the preliminary thumbnail and sketch stages. Client may request up to 3 rounds of revisions during the preliminary/sketch stage. Any additional requests for changes may be subject to additional fees.
5. Once the preliminary stage is completed the Artist will notify the Client. Changes after this stage may be subject to additional fees.
6. The Artist reserves the right to reject critiques and suggestions pertaining to skill or style preference (including but not limited to anatomy, lighting, coloring, etc.) if the Artist feels they would reduce the quality of the piece or force a stylistic choice that doesn’t fit within the Artist’s body of work. (Example: Client may not request that the Artist mimic the style of another artist or insist that a character’s anatomy be excessively unrealistic.)
7. If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the sketch stage the Client will be refunded 50% of their payment. However if the Client wishes to cancel their commission after the sketch stage, no refund will be issued.
8. The Artist reserves the right to cancel a commission and issue a refund under circumstances including but not limited to poor communication or inappropriate behavior.
9. The Artist will not depict any illegal activities or hateful images. All commissions will be approved on a case by case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject a commission for any reason.
10. The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any portfolio website, gallery, streams and videos. (This includes commercial work unless otherwise stated in a contract.)
11. The Artist retains ALL rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. (Please let me know if you want to purchase a commercial license or rights.)
12. The Client retains all rights to their respective characters. This does not allow them rights to the commissioned image (see articles 10 and 11).
13. The Client may not profit from the artwork. The Client may not distribute or resell digital files, prints, merchandise or rights to the image.
14. The Client cannot alter the artwork. The Client may upload a low resolution 72 DPI web version of the artwork to their personal website or gallery with credit to the Artist. (Please credit as “Artwork by Jacey Chase”)
15. The Artist may reuse sketches and preliminary works that were rejected by the Client for other commissions or personal works.
16. The Client must read, understand and agree to the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.